I know, I know, we’ve all heard it before: Pacing yourself throughout the day is a must in order to get through it. But how do you pace yourself so it’s truly effective? I want to share how I do it with you. I hope you find it helpful.
1. Determine your fatigue level for the day.
2. Adjust your to-do list accordingly.
3. Prioritize with most important at the top (I use the basket system – I’ll show you in an upcoming post!).
4. Focus on one thing at a time.
5. If possible, do it sitting down (I have mopped my kitchen floor this way!).
When you start feeling wiped out:
take long slow breaths
drink some water
Next, decide if you can finish or not. If you can’t, try these:
1. Take a “coffee nap” – drink a cup of coffee and nap right after for about 20 minutes. When you wake up is right around the time the coffee takes effect.