Throughout the year, we tend to indulge in drinks with our friends and at work parties. Before you know it, your alcohol consumption is on the rise and you’re drinking more than what’s recommended by the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse.
It’s time to cut back on alcohol – but before you face that conversation with your boss or partner, there are ways to say no politely. Here are some of them:
- “Thanks for thinking of me, but I don’t drink.”
- “I’ve decided to cut back on my drinks this month. Let me take the next couple of drinks.”
- “Thank you but I’m worried I’ll be dehydrated.”
- “I’d love to join you, but I’m on the job and shouldn’t drink.”
- “I’ve got a work dinner tomorrow and need my rest.”
The key to successfully cutting down is by changing your habits, learn about the useful tips for changing your habits here cutting back on drinking