Top of the page Radiation Oncologist Radiation oncologists are medical doctors who specialize in using radiation therapy to treat people who have cancer. Most people are referred to a radiation oncologist by their primary doctors after a diagnosis of cancer. And they see the radiation oncologist at his or her office or in a hospital or extended-care facility. Radiation oncologists can be board-certified through the Board of Radiology, which is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties. Current as of:
October 9, 2017Author:
Healthwise Staff Medical Review:
E. Gregory Thompson, MD – Internal Medicine & Adam Husney, MD – Family Medicine & Martin J. Gabica, MD – Family Medicine & Matthew I. Kim, MD – Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism