Community Hospital East
Need your medical records from Community Hospital East?
We can Help!
Saving Money for Community Hospital East Patients on:
Health Insurance Medicare Plans Prescription Drugs Dental Plans & more
feedback about Community Hospital East
I love this hospital. I was treated exceptionally well by the entire staff during my stay. I continue to receive outstanding treatment on each and every visit, even during random phone calls and messages. They've so far done an amazing job taking the stress away from being in the hospital and needing treatments and such. The free parking there is very nice also.
The OB/Maternity Ward
I was discharged yesterday and wanted to share my experience.
1. All of my nurses were friendly and team players, helping each other and seeking counsel from each other to make sure I received the best care.
2. All concerns and warnings about pregnancy and complications were explained to me clearly and concisely, by my doctor and by my nurses.
3. This OB ward does not have a nursery, which means that I have the highest level of individual attention on my child, and the lowest chance that my baby would be confused with another child or interact with another child.
4. All parts of the staff were friendly to me, housekeeping, room service, visiting residents, assisting staff, and visiting doctors.
5. Every single call light was answered in a timely manner with concern and professionalism.
6. Pain assessment was a top priority and each part of the team (delivery, epidural placement, and recovery) assessed me for pain to be sure I was comfortable.
7. Every test run on my child was explained and confirmed with me.
8. Every shift change I was aware of my nurse and asked permission for charting and information exchange in my presence.
9. Lactation consultants and Chaplain services were offered to me and presented with patience, kindness and concern for my time and my level of comfort.
10. Any time I left my room I was met with friendliness and helped immediately. I was never overlooked!
11. Every staff member knocked, and introduced themselves when they entered my room, they also asked if I was available to speak with them, which I felt was very courteous!
12. The staff member that helped me with discharge, also recovered my lost belongings when I misplaced them near the exit of the hospital.
13. My room had a spacious refrigerator, a microwave, a special couch bed, a rocking chair, a large bathroom and several chairs for visitors. I was also able to plug my PS4 into the TV and enjoy a movie and a game during my visit.
1. After the birth of my child, a visiting family doctor evaluated my baby and I did not witness him wash his hands before or after, which made me feel concern.
2. A nurse that was not assigned to me wore an overpowering scented oil that almost made me nauseated.
3. Cell phone reception is spotty and difficult for phone calls.
4. From time to time the staff were chatting or laughing loudly during quiet hours outside my door.
5. The food was ok, it was delivered in a timely manner, but it wasn't always very good, depends on what you ordered.
I have delivered at three different hospitals, including Community North, and I felt that my experience at Community East was the best. Even though I had some negative things happen, I still felt the level of care from my doctors and nurses was exceptional! I would recommend this Maternity Ward to anyone seeking caring staff! I am glad I chose this hospital and if I choose to have another child, I will return.
I was on the phone for about two seconds with the operator although her tone was sweet, she was a sarcastic and rude. All I asked was there a person by the name of so and so, and she is like nope I don't have a this here and there and there no matter how you spell it. I promise her tone was nice but underneath she was treating me like I was stupid. Mind you the call was less then a minute.
I had a very serious DVT and during my 6 day stay and treatment I never once thought that I wasn't being accorded the finest of care and treatment. The nurses, doctors and support staff were/are some of the nicest and most caring people I have ever met. I will always be appreciative of how well these folks treated and cared for me. I am truly grateful for their returning me to being on the road to good health. Thank you.
Nurse sophia was rude when i asked about how much my prescriptions eas gonna cost. She replied well how do you pay for food??? What in the heck dose that have to do with anything.. She saw i was a black women and immediately thought the worst and i have a job working six daus a week.