Memorial Hospital of Gardena
Health Insurance as Low as
$1 a Day!
Need your medical
Memorial Hospital of Gardena?
We can Help!
feedback about Memorial Hospital of Gardena
My father was admitted on Feb 14-18, 2019 via an ambulance. If I had to rate the medical staff I would rate the higher overall. However, I believe that is a lack of accountability when it comes to the operation of the facility. Coming from a operational background I believe the management needs to conduct weekly, monthly inspections of the facility. It is very apparent that the management does not visit the patient floors.
1. The lobby is pleasant. The receptionists were welcoming. They also remembered names/faces which was surprising.
2. The cafeteria had limited hours, but the free coffee was a nice gesture.
-Wipe the lower cabinets. Coffee should not be splattered and ignored for days. ATTENTION TO DETAILS!!!!
3. The 4th floor waiting room was leaking due to the rain. The staff see shocked once advised. Again, if the maintenance/engineer was doing his job he would have know there was a problem. It was clear this probably happens every-time it rains.
4. Room 401 HVAC system must be broken. The temp felt as if it was at 75 degrees which is too warm for a hospital with sick patients. Also, the filter had not been changed in over a year. Visible dust is bad for patients and visitors. WHERE'S THE CHECKLIST???
5. Take the rooms out of inventory one at a time to paint, and refresh the place.
6. The toilet for the patients was leaking which is huge safety hazard- Room 401.
7. Get rid of the broken mini blinds. (Outdated)
8. Get a new housekeeping staff/vendor. They don't care. There's a blood stain that stayed on the wall in this room for the entire stay while my father was there. This is unhealthy, unclean, and inexcusable. Do you teach your staff about blood borne pathogens? What kind of cleaning staff do you have?
9. The hand sanitize dispenser is not working in this room. Why?????
10. The west coast nurses in training were kind was well.
Overall, the facility need some attention. Management must inspect the patient rooms, to gain a better understanding of what is happening on the floors. Management need to hold the maintenance and the housekeeping team accountable for the guest/patient experience.
This hospital needs major upgrades. Parking lot is quite small for a "hospital" Ihave never seen such a small emergency room! Probably 20 chairs max in waiting room area. The rooms in the ER are tiny, their is poor communication between the nurses but at least they are nice, Can't say the same specifically for the elder Philippine/asian nurses in the ICU area. They genuinely hate their jobs, and will glare at you if you dare disturb their gossip circle. I have never encountered people so rude, and with such nasty attitudes.
The rest of the nurses were great, and actually cared for their patients. They are honestly the only reason I give the hospital 2 stars, instead of one.
But will avoid this place at all costs.
Although a handful of the nurses were kind and caring, this has to be one the worst run hospitals I have ever visited. Poor communication between the nursing staff, I went a full day without eating, I tried calling the hospital for the results from my biopsy and the staff was rude and they did not give me the information I needed, nor did they send any results to my doctor's. Some of the toilets we're absolutely disgusting and looks like they have not been cleaned. I felt like I would rather kill over then spend another night at this hospital. Avoid at all cost.
Hospital needs more improvement, ER is not that big for the amount of patience that come in. Customer service could be better, but with the amount of patience that come in with two ER doctors or sometimes one and a couple nurses, it can get hectic. Excepted wait time to be 2 to 3 hours depending if you get a bed or if you’re seen in fast track.
I love it because I work here it's really not bad the staff could improve but this is a private hospital not county buts it alright I've been to worst