Health Insurance as Low as
$1 a Day!
Need your medical
We can Help!
feedback about Salem Hospital
I've had a lot of bad hospital experiences on the behalf of others - some of them here. But when it came time for me to go to the hospital myself. I was over the moon with the care I received at Salem Hospital.
1) The receptionist made me feel welcome and could tell I was confused, and helped me.
2) My initial doctor was honest about being off soon and helped me adjust my expectations to switching doctors a few times through the process, and was very thorough on intake forms.
3) My next doctor was very sympathetic, seemed to actually listen to what I was saying, and took the time to hear my opinions on my own body
4) My phlebotomists were extremely understanding of me having difficult veins, and joked through the process to help me feel more comfortable. One of them even said I would make a good EMT, which I found flattering as she was one.
5) The woman who did my ultrasounds was so great - she taught me some things about ultrasounds that I had no idea about, and really just acted like a REAL PERSON the whole time, which is so helpful when you're in an uncomfortable scary situation like that.
6) I already left a compliment card but I wanna shout from the hilltops: "JIM/JAMES THE NURSE IS AN ANGEL!" He could tell my partner was struggling to keep me calm and came over of his own accord to assuage my fears and talk to me a little bit. What could have easily been a code yellow suddenly became a teaching moment. I was into my next test really quickly after that and Jim certainly made passing that time easier.
7) the patient transport staff. I had three different transporters over the course of my stay and 2/3 of them were extremely jovial, friendly, and seemed to really love their jobs.
8) the CT technician was awesome. He reassured me through the process and made me feel like I could do something I was absolutely terrified of.
Just had yet another kid there. OB unit was awesome, and so was “Mom and baby.” The service was excellent and they put our needs first. Everyone from the doctors to the nurses, to the assistants, to the housekeepers were amazing. Can’t thank them enough for their exceptional service.
Spent 5 weeks as patient and the entire staff was awsome!
Glad I live in Clackamas County, never did like Salem Hospital. Kaiser is so much better and I have a wonderful medical team
Was in a car accident with a concussion I was wheeled into the Lobby and sat for 3 hours and when I got out in a room waited a long time for a doctor to check me out while sitting on the worlds most uncomfortable exam table yeah not even a hospital bed I get that they are busy but this is just wrong no one checking in to see if I’ve passed out nothing just sitting for three hours this is the worst visit I have ever had on the shiftiest day in the universe.