Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
Short Term Health Insurance
more flexible than traditional products!
Need your medical
Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center?
We can Help!
feedback about Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
I don't even know where to begin.. The hospital is more worried about their pride and being right than they are about listening to their patients. This includes most nurses and the 2 Dr's I've seen so far. They are so impersonal and act smug as if they themselves ate Devine and if this continues I will leave this hospital on an AMA. And go to.the next one. This place is a complete joke.
Atrocious!!! The level of care is like nothing I’ve ever seen. I would not send my pet here. They need to rename it Williamsburg Vetinary Hospital. My mother has been neglected and left for over 2 hrs without anyone checking her. It was one debacle after the other and one excuse after the other. The lack of communication between staff is almost nonexistent. Which makes me wonder how continuity of care even happens. At all costs avoid this hospital if you want to come out alive.
I would give no stars but it wont let you do a review if not. I was there tonight with my brother he had cut his finger to the bone and was bleeding like crazy. Took over an hour to get in a room and a nurse never came to check on him finally I got the registration lady and she told a nurse to get in the room the patient had blood on the floor. She gave him a dirty look and gauze and told him to hold it till the dr came to look at it. He went through over 25 things of gauze and still the nurse never came to check on him. After almost 3 hours we walked out. The nurse said they were busy hell all of them were sitting g on their a**es the whole time. I saw 1 male nurse running around doin everything. Dont ever go here for anything they dont care about the patient's just that paycheck.
This has nothing to do with the surgeon - my surgical team was excellent and professional. This has to do with my hospitalization and stay at Sentara:
- no heat in my room the first evening. They did have someone stop by to help fix it, but the staff piled on multiple blankets instead and said it would be fixed the next day. I was freezing all night as the temp did drop to the low 40's.
- I threw up after surgery and had to sit in bed holding the vomit baggie in my lap for over an hour until a nurse came. Another time I threw up and got it over my gown and surgical area. Took the staff over 2 hours to come help me since I wasn't allowed out of bed. I had to wear the vomit coated gown for a few more hours afterwards even though they cleaned up my face and chest area because the staff went out to grab more gown and 'got sidetracked'.
- I needed to use the toilet and was required to call for help. First nurse threw a bedpan under me and said she would be back. She never returned. I pulled it out after 45 minutes of waiting. I still had to use the toilet. I had to wait 3 hours....yes THREE hours to get assistance to use the toilet. The staff thought I really didn't have to go and when I filled up the entire bedside toilet they were surprised.
- I was not served lunch or dinner my second day of stay. When I called and asked why I wasn't being fed, the nursing staff told me I was better off calling my family to deliver food for me. I was brought gelatin to fill me up, but those don't really fill you up. I was told the cafeteria was not equipped to handle gluten-free cooking, despite how prevalent it is now, and they 'couldn't figure out what to serve me'. I guess steamed vegetables was too hard to do.
- My blood was taken for evaluation less than 30 min after taking my medication so my levels were always really high and I had a 'false positive' making it look like I was doing well when in fact I needed more. When the surgeon came in to evaluate me and I mentioned this, he went to speak to the staff and I received a higher dosage because my levels were extremely low and tanking when they drew blood at the right amount of time afterwards.
- I was offered numerous apologies during my stay by management, however the service or care didn't improved for most of my hospitalization. I did have a few great nurses, but when their shift ended, the next staff managed to forget about me or completely ignored my call button requests. I was told they were busy with other patients, however when I left my room I couldn't find or hear a single person.
- I did have one good experience when my extremities when numb all of a sudden - the night team did rush and help me out. That was on the one team that was excellent the entire stay I was there.
I’ve been waiting in this ER for my husband to see the Dr for two hours. Every experience I’ve ever had here has been terrible, but my husband wanted to come here and give them another chance. Never again!!